Enough with the German jokes

A blog of my adventures over the summer of 2006 in Germany.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tipecanoo and Tigger too!

Alright, so there's really no reason to use that William Henry Harrison reference, but it's so much fun! Can you blame me? If I ever run for President, I'm going to have to up my slogan from "Kendall like the square" or "Kendall like the lights in the Church" (for the Germans) to something else entirely. and Tippecanoe is already taken! ooh, maybe something about Tippi Hedren . . . it's close

Anyway, I would just like to say that I went to work today with a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich . . . and everybody looked at me funny. It was awesome. I even sung them the song! Obviously, they didn't know it, but I let it go. They thought I was pretty funny . . . and then a little while later I noticed my friend Ruth was wearing a tigger shirt, so I asked her if she knew that song . . . she did a little, so we sung it, but she saw that I knew all of the words, so when someone else asked about her shirt, she said it was from Winnie the Pooh, and that there was a song and that I knew all of the words. Which of course ended with them encouraging me to sing the whole song for them. Again I was entertainment for the Germans. I'll let you in on a little secret. I don't actually know all the words, but you sing that song so fast anyway, that who can tell?

Some line I don't know that ends in tiggers?
Tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
Their bouncy, *ouncy, *ouncy, *ouncy,
fun fun fun fun fun!
* * the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
I'm the only one!

It's a pretty easy song, I dunno what I don't know all the words ;-)

hehe all done

Kendall

Music: Ruth gave me a list of German bands that I've been listening to. I've got one that's like the German version of Usher and one that's like the German version of Sting. Haha. there's also some actual bands like "Wir sind Helden" who I like a lot, and die toten Hosen. Which means the dead pants or the murdered pants or somthing . . . I dunno, man

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kendall, I am so glad you're seeing so much of Europe this summer. The pictures are wonderful to see where all you've been. Glad you're having a great time. Aunt Wendy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home